Madlynne by Simplicity 8229

After all my successful Harriet bras I was ready to tackle some other underwire patterns. First I printed out the free Maya pattern by AFI Atelier but I got as far as sewing the cups together before I realized that they were about 2″ too big to fit in the cradle. I’m not sure what I did wrong but I binned it and moved on. Next up I chose another madlynne pattern. I read that a vertical seam cup is good for someone with my shape.


Unlike the harriet bra this pattern calls for stretch lace and stretch lining.  Which makes it really comfortable but a little less supportive. Not that I need a lot of support.


I love the shape these give me. If you asked me 2 years ago I never thought I would be confidant in a bra without pushup foam. Turns out all you need is a custom made bra to give you the look you want.


I made an oops and didn’t cut down the bands to fit into my hook and eye so instead I scooped out the back and attached the straps in a U shape and put the adjusters on the front.



One thought on “Madlynne by Simplicity 8229

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s