Refashioning the bust shelf

I was really disappointed in how this dress ended up looking.  I had just over 1/2 of yard of the fabric leftover so I made the dramatic decision to make a completely new bodice using the Anna dress made by By Hand London. I am very pleased with the results. I think this will get a lot more wear.

This dress has an interesting way of shaping that involves 4 pleats that open out to the bust.

DSC_0153

 

It has some delicate kimono sleeves that are super easy to make but still look nice.

DSC_0156

With such a limited amount of fabric I was still able to cut a completely new bodice. The only thing I didn’t have enough yardage for was the facing. I used some scraps from my 1930 dress to make up the difference. Its inside, no one will know, and the colors are still the same-ish pallet.

DSC_0154

Overall this refashion was a sucess!

DSC_0046

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s