I found this adorable Navy blue fabric with little gold anchors on it. I thought it would work really well with the Butterick 6217 pattern.
I did the sleeveless version this time and added 1.5″ to the torso length. Its official the arm holes on this pattern are drafted wrong. I had to cut the facing down by more then an inch AND widen the arm holes just to get the two pieces to fit together.
Just for fun I used the alphabet feature on my sewing machine to write my name in the collar facing, like a label.
I serged all the inside seams which was really fast. I’m starting to warm up to how this looks
Unfortnatly I not as thrilled with the finished shirt. I think its more that Im not in love with how I look that the shirts fault….all those potato chips at work are starting to catch up with me.